Monday, July 16, 2012

Pancakes Galore!

Everybody loves hot, delicious pancakes, right? But how do you make them? More importantly, how do you make them healthier? Pancakes have a good reason for being a once in a while treat. But there are ways that you can make them with less fat and carbs in every one. One of those ways is, when you don't have the time and money to make them from scratch, select the healthiest box mix you can find, such as organic or whole wheat mix with little or no preservatives. Another thing, I used fruit (blueberries, strawberries and bananas), not maple syrup, to sweeten my pancakes. I also used a yogurt-based spread, not butter, to give my pancakes that traditional, buttery taste. Also, after I put the fruit on my pancakes, I put some more pancake mix on, but just enough to cover the fruit so it didn't get grilled and to hold the pancakes together. I suggest doing all of these things to make your pancakes healthier. Have fun eating your pancakes!

7 comments:

  1. Great use of natural light with your pancake pic! Perfect tips too, especially adding a bit of batter to cover the fruit so they don't stick. I love my pancakes with yogurt too. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of sweetening your pancakes with fruit. So healthy, and delicious, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. daddy's first big on screen meal for the fam was pancakes. I am sure i still have the video somewhere. his were plain old but they were really good but the kitchen was such a mess. please save me one. love you babe, m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rylan makes the best pancakes ever!

    ReplyDelete