Saturday, July 14, 2012

This Is Me

Hello. My name is Rylan Dunn, and I love cooking. I am a 9 year old boy with, well, quite a lot of talents. My grandmother started teaching me how to make guacamole when I was about 3 years old(mmmmm... one of the first foods I learned how to make!) she also taught me how to make pizza and biscuits--I have a magic touch for biscuits! 


I live in Asheville North Carolina now, and this town does NOT need any grocery stores. People will only cook and eat foods from their gardens. Almost literally. We have a garden also, but a very small one at that. We're looking to grow some more actual foods, since our garden is mostly herbs.


Anyway, I think that's enough for my introduction, don't you? Yeah. Until next week, see you!                                                                                               




                                                                                                 7/14/2012                             

11 comments:

  1. I love this. This foodie cannot wait til next week. Maybe you can sneak in a bonus blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i might not do it just once a week. i will probably not only post advice and what i have done, either. i'll probably post videos also. and pictures too, so keep checking back!
      -rylan

      Delete
    2. I have already checked bach 5x since i posted. So that's and ok. love you, mimi

      Delete
  2. This is great. Now it's on to canning peaches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting kids cooking in the kitchen at an early age is one of the best things possible. After all, we spend the majority of our social time around a table. What better than to teach our young ones how to cook, entertain and be gracious all at the same time. I'm so happy to see you plan on expanding your garden. Much of what's good in life comes from the earth. Perhaps your next feat might be canning peaches. Let's give it a try. Good luck on all your endeavors, Master Dunn. Love, Zsa Zsa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am so GLAD you think this is awesome, because i do too! i've been wanting to do this for months!!!!

      -rylan


      p.s.- you included canning peaches in your last comment.

      Delete
  4. A warm welcome to the world of food blogging! I can't wait to be a regular reader Rylan! Great introduction! You clearly have a knack for the written word! I'm hooked and ready for more. I will add your blog to my blogroll.
    One question, why haven't I had your biscuits yet? XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rachel-i'ts rylan.thanks for your comment.i hope i'm going to be sucsessful. my mom said i'll problably get on the ellen degeneres show, but i don't think so. do you? maybe. give sophia a big birthday kiss from me(it is her birthday, right?)and tell jason i said hi!( oh, and the reason you haven't had my biscuits yet is because we hardly ever make them at our house, and when we do, they're gone in two days.)

      see ya!
      -rylan(NOT rylan's zsa zsa!)

      Delete
  5. Hi Rylan and Girl (aka Rachel), you are just going to have a biscuit bake over. Then, Girl and Kid can do a dual or bilateral (medical term) blog. BTW, love your blog etiquette, such a gentleman. Ellen would love that. Heck, I love that.

    love you babe, mimi

    ReplyDelete